The Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) is a 501c charity organization whose mission is to provide lifesaving blood products to 225 hospitals in Oklahoma, Northwest Texas and Central Arkansas. OBI is offering scholarships to high school graduates wishing to pursue a career in phlebotomy or medical assistant/phlebotomy.
The scholarship may be used at any accredited college or technical school. Funds must be used for payment of tuition, books, fees and education supplies.
Employees and immediate family members of OBI are not eligible for this scholarship.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Be a United States Citizen
- Resident of Oklahoma, Texas, or Arkansas
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- If currently enrolled, must have a GPA > 2.5
The application must include each of the following:
- Completed application
- Provide 3 references
- One-page personal statement describing why OBI should choose you as a scholarship recipient
- 1) Have been involved in organizing a blood drive 2) Be an active multiple donation blood donor, or 3) Provide contact information for 2 potential blood donor groups
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications are confidential and become the property of the Oklahoma Blood Institute.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted no later than August 8, 2022, for the Fall Semester, or December 12, 2022, for the Spring Semester. If you are selected for an interview to be considered for a scholarship, you will be contacted by Jeannie Gardner, Vice President of Donor Services.
Your interest in the Oklahoma Blood Institute Scholarship and a future career as a phlebotomist is appreciated, and we look forward to reviewing your application.